1 Hour Online Support Group – Per Session
I will host these online sessions once a week, for an hour, on Thursday evenings at 8pm, and will cost only R250.00 per hour session per person that partakes. This is an average fee for group consultations and is usually eligible for full reimbursement by your medical aid (depending on the scheme).
I’ve decided to hold weekly group support sessions for all my anorexic/bulimic and orthorexic patients.
I will host these online session once a week, for an hour, on Thursday evenings at 8pm, and will cost only R250.00 per hour session per person that partakes. This is an average fee for group consultations and is usually eligible for full reimbursement by your medical aid (depending on the scheme).
The sessions will be using a private group format on Facebook. So, you will need to be a member on Facebook, or, if you are under-age, you can use your parent’s account (I would require written consent from the relevant parent). Once you have paid for the session, you will be invited via email to the ‘webinar meeting’, and will have access to enter the group for the online meeting at the time and date specified. Each member will be able to view and hear me, and will partake by writing questions and comments on the screen. Individual members will not be viewed on the screen.
I have decided to set this up after many requests from eating disorder patients, who feel it would be a very positive addition to one-on-one consultations that are already being conducted.
They do NOT and CAN NOT be a substitute for one-on-one consultations, because each and every patient is individual, with individual problems to deal with. So, these will only be an adjunct/supplement to private therapy sessions which will need to be continued.
However, there are many common belief systems, thinking habits and questions about nutrition and metabolism that could be addressed in a group session, as they apply to all sufferers, and these are what we will be addressing.
These sessions should be beneficial to all interested patients because:
- You will be learning, listening and chatting with other people who are also struggling as you are.
- You will be having an hour’s learning session in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
- The 1 hour session will cost less than 30% of a normal dietetic consultation with me, so is an affordable way to increase frequency of therapy.
- Increasing regularity with my therapy will reinforce concepts to maintain recovery in a more steady fashion.
- It is a useful way of reminding and consolidating information we may have gone through before, some of which may have been forgotten or become ‘rusty’.
- It is as private as you wish it to be.
- if you wish to ask questions during the webinar consultation, you may write on the newsfeed as yourself (how you appear on Facebook), which others in the private group will be able to see
- or else you may remain completely anonymous by not writing at all, but merely listening and watching without commenting. In this way, no-one else partaking in the session will be able to see that you are present. Should you wish to remain completely anonymous but have a question, you can also email me beforehand and I will address your topic when we go live, without using your identity. However, I would encourage you to use your name and identity, because this will allow a more positive and open dialogue between people who are just like you. It will help with facing your disorder and relating with others to combat shame and secrecy.
- There will, however, be a confidentiality agreement that will be signed beforehand, to protect each member. This will ensure that all members’ identities, as well as what is discussed in the sessions will remain confidential within the group, and so personal privacy is maintained even if you do decide to partake openly. This will be to encourage open dialogue in a ‘safe space’, where expressing yourself and being vulnerable can only help to move past the fear and stigma of eating disorders.
For any further enquiries, please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org or book now by clicking on the “add to cart” button.